Rules while in the Computer Lab
Any rule of the school applies in the lab
1. Come in quietly and wait for instructions.
2. See that hands are clean when using the computer.
3. Show respect towards the teacher, students and computer.
4. Show appropriate behavior.
REMEMBER….When playing games……
No games with violence, such as hitting, killing, inappropriate language or fighting.
No games with weapons such as guns, and knives. (Inappropriate behavior and
actions are not allowed at school nor will inappropriate games be allowed)
Students May Not…….
1. Use chat rooms.
2. Talk without permission. This is not recess, It is a classroom.
3. Bang on keyboard.
4. Touch or tamper with cords or plug-ins
5. Download or save files to the workstation—hard drive.
6. Play games unless assigned by your instructor.
7. Use equipment in the computer lab without permission of computer instructor.
8. Display or print inappropriate material.
9. Bring food, candy or drink to the lab, nor chew gum.
10. Argue with an adult if told to leave a site. It is the student’s responsibility to leave the site immediately.
11. Speak out when help is needed—Student will raise hand.
12. Print material, unless it is an assignment and/or instructed to do so by computer instructor.
13. Bring disks from home for use with school computers.
14. Change the look of the monitor’s screen in any matter.
15. Listen to music or watch music videos.
16. STUDENTS MAY NOT type in their own web site.